Interview Skills: First Impressions Matter!!
- Dress appropriately; business attire clothing that is respectful, conservative, ironed, neat, tidy and well-groomed.
- Always arrive 10 minutes early to collect your thoughts and observe the work environment.
- When it is time to shake hands, shake firmly and make eye contact with the interviewer and smile.
- Always wait to sit down and be invited to sit down by your interviewee; it is polite and proper etiquette.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses, be prepared to discuss both as well as what you are willing to learn. Show that you have a sense of direction and are able to take direction. Show confidence.
- Greet each person with kindness, respect and professionalism.
From the O’Chiese Local Community Newsletter July 2008 Edition