O’Chiese First Nation Health Centre offers medical transportation for medical appointments – Medical Transportation Coordinator
Corrine Mackinaw Medical Transportation
Joanna Strawberry Data Entry Clerk
Jack Chipaway F/T Medical Transportation Driver
Kevin Stanley F/T Medical Transportation Driver for Special Needs
Geraldine Cardinal F/T Medical Transportation Driver
Attention: O’Chiese Health Centre Staff & Community Members
As of February 2011, All Members in need of Gas Support must fit the following criteria:
- Inform Transportation Coordinator 3 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR to approval of appointment. Last minute appointments will not be accepted.
- No Medical Walk-Ins
- All Medical Appointments MUST BE CONFIRMED before Services will be approved
- Medical Drivers MUST BE utilized for all appointments
- Clients do not have a choice between PO or a Medical Driver
- Clients do not have a choice to which Driver they are assigned to.
- Health Services MUST BE accessed at NEAREST HEALTH FACILITY offering services.
- General Practitioners, Eye Doctors, and Laboratory will be accessed in Rocky Mountain House.
- Physiotherapy is not covered by NIHB therefore will not be covered through Medical Transportation
- Medical Transportation Services will ONLY BE AVAILABLE in Red Deer, Calgary and Edmonton for SPECIALIZED APPOINTMENTS ONLY. Dental Services in Red Deer will also be covered until a Dentist is available at the O’Chiese Health Centre
*For any Questions or Concerns Please See the Health Director at the O’Chiese Health Centre